HELLO CLASS OF 66
Sorry for my tardiness but I'm really getting in the mood now. '66' is only 1 year away - depending of course on when WE decide to have the reunion. Have lots to say so, please keep reading:
On a sad note, Harry Robinson passed away. Fortunately, Rick Pooler and I were able to be by Harry's side before he passed. We also attended Harry's service with Sheila Whitley and Sandy Pitts. Sheila, Rick and I toured Beale - CAPEHART HAS BEEN COMPLETELY REBUILT. SOME OF YOUR HOUSES MAY NOT BE THERE ANY LONGER! We also went to Smartsville Pioneer Day and had the good fortune to see Gary Edwards (Tom's brother) and Drew Sallee (yes, the same Drew) play. Of course we got some fishing in with Bob Rathbun up by Redding. Found some new classmates too, Butch Milami and Joy Boyd! Lastly, Bub Sullivan, honorary 66 graduate hosted us to a bbq which also had Linda Rocha, Joy and friends, Patty Soharkoff and Erlene Williams (sorry for the spelling ladies). Thanks LIZ and BUB. Got to talk to Don Clark on the phone. GREAT TIME!! Glad to say I was also able to get in touch with Danny and Carol Dearth. Carol retired and Danny (DR Dan that is) is about to retire. Both expect to be at the reunion. Diane Wagner is anxious to come and we have a couple of mystery guests that are on the wire........ CONTACT ALL 66ers AND TELL THEM TO JOIN US HERE!
During the bbq we bounced around reunion ideas. Here are some suggestions but we will come out with a questionnaire so everyone can state their own opinions:
1. Several days/events so that everyone has a chance to attend.
2. At least one function for Class of 66 only.
3. Another tour of Beale because it has changed so much.
4 Dance with Drew's band - again. But also with a DJ for those songs you haven't danced to in 50 years.
5. Something at WUHS, maybe a football game/dance, lunch in the cafeteria, burnout of the parking lot - ideas welcome.
6. Boatride - suggestions so its not a repeat of last time.
7. Party at Bill's Place. We have discussed with the new owner and it can be done.
8. Gotta decide on best time of year to have the reunion. Most of us are retired or at least much more free than other times. Some are taking care of grandchildren but that's why we want more than 1 event. If we want to do the school, it would be best in late summer/fall - maybe consistent with a homecoming or football game.
9. We really need to do TWO THINGS:
- CONTACT ALL KNOWN CLASSMATES (and others of our years, 62-66)
- MAKE SURE THAT YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION IS UPTODATE. You can contact Chris Bare or me for this - many of you already have. Thanks
10. Pls inform us of any classmates who have passed which we are not yet aware. We won't to make sure that we include them!!
These are just ideas. We are open to anything/everything (legal). No, we can't climb the water tower (?!) or paint a memory to 66 on Jasper Lane.......
THINK ABOUT THIS AND OTHER IDEAS. WE WILL COME OUT WITH A QUESTIONNAIRE SOON.
Oh, I want to thank our new volunteers who at least agreed to participate on a reunion committee: Sheila Whitley, Sandy Pitts, BUB, Rick and Nancy Pooler. We welcome all volunteers, especially anyone who can computerize our efforts, make reservations, collect monies, etc. I THINK LINDY EISHENHART VOLUNTEERED TO HELP HERE????? Oh, and Mike Carvidi has voiced a desire to help....... THANK YOU
Let us hear from ALL of you.
That's it for now. More soon.
PLS USE THIS FORMAT AND OF COURSE OUR FACEBOOK PAGE TO SHARE INFORMATION.
Thanks, Steve (and Chris)